Wednesdays in the Word

"Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, for in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk, for I lift up my soul to You."
Psalm 143:8
       I love this Psalm. David speaks so boldly to God. Cause me to hear Your loving kindness in the morning. When I wake up in the morning.. the first thing I want to be reminded of is that God's love will never fail me. Never ever.
       Cause me to hear it... make me hear it... bring it about... let it resound in my heart. David wanted God to be His cause. And I love that David says "in the morning." He doesn't say at night or in the day. He says in the morning. Why does he use the morning? Because the morning is fresh. The morning is new. The morning sets the tone for the rest of the day. For example, if you let yourself sleep in everyday and choose to be lazy... its hard to get yourself in gear to do something productive that day. But if you wake up early... you become alert and productive, and you feel good about yourself. This is the same spiritually. So we need to be wise with the way we use our mornings. We need to wake up feeling refreshed in God's goodness, fixing our eyes on him... ready to be productive for Him throughout the day. Cause us to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning, oh God. Cause us to hear Your word. Cause us to feel the rhythm of Your heart. Cause us to know the way in which we should walk today. We lift up our souls to You, oh God.



Post a Comment


Followers