The Emblem!

Aside from all the papers I've been writing I've also been working on my final project for geometry. Yes, that's right... final project. The last one. Woot! We were told to replicate Northwest University's emblem for the celebration of our 75th year.

I worked on it for quite some time. Here is a picture of when it was a complete mess.

The clear spot in the carpet is where I was sitting. My work completely surrounded me. Glue was stuck to all of my fingers. Scraps of paper were floating about on the floor everywhere. And ideas of how to construct it were still bouncing off the walls.
Now I am happy to present to you the final product that was inspired by the Cylindrical Shell Method from Calculus and the Polyhedra that we made in class. Explanation of how these mathematical concepts correlate with the design of the project are on the back of the board... but that's probably not of interest to y'all, so I'll keep my blabbing to a minimum. :)


PS- Happy Birthday again grandma Margie :) Love you.

Lindsay (November 17, 2009 at 9:30 AM)  

That looks so cool Jacs! You should definitely keep that and put it up in your future classroom.

Post a Comment


Followers