Taking Time

Lately I have been very busy. Its just that time of year during school when midterms hit and final projects are beginning. Each day of the week is non-stop. Fridays are such a blessing because I don't have any classes on that day! Yesterday I was extremely productive. I ran time-consuming errands that I needed to run and wrote papers that needed to be written. Usually I see Saturdays and Sundays as a time to be productive as well. I see them as days of work to get ahead for the next week. But this means that when Monday comes around, I'm already feeling burnt out. Well recently I have really been learning that we are to have a day of rest. Just as God took a day of rest on the 7th day, so are we to take time to unwind. God created the world and then told us to continue this process of creating. Whether we are creating people (like new baby Jackson!) or whether we are creating work and productivity. But the weekend, or at least one day of the weekend should be a day where we just sit and reflect on the week and all that we created. We should relax and look back and be able to say that it was good as we let our physical body and our mind unwind. I'm realizing that if I don't take time for myself to relax and recharge, then I am ineffect for the Kingdom of God.


So today is Saturday and I am sitting on my couch with my Panama blanket on my lap, watching A Goofy Movie. I am thanking God for a great productive week last week, and I am getting excited for what is to come next week. Now that I understand the true importance of relaxing, so that I don't burn out, I can truly allow myself to sit and relax. My mind is not worried about the week to come. I'm not letting myself worry about all that I will have to do in the coming week, but I am content in fully letting myself unwind. I fully content with sipping on some tea, with a blanket, while watching a movie. But when Monday rolls around, I am back up on my feet, so as to not get lazy. God is good.

Post a Comment


Followers