Busy, yet phenomenal.

So first I need to apologize for not writing in so long! Oh boy its been almost a week. Not ok, but let me tell you why and all that has happened here in the last 6 days!

My roommate Krissa's best friend from Florida came to visit us this weekend. It was the perfect weekend for her to visit because we didn't have school on Monday. Our school calls it "Reading Day." Not sure how it came about, but we have it, and I'm certainly not going to complain about having a day off from school. :) So her friend came and we made many fun plans to go into Seattle. We walked around Seattle center (where the spaceneedle is). We went to the Fremont Troll and many other very fun adventures! But also this weekend... I had to study for 3 midterms and a quiz. I had to prepare for a presentation, write 4 book analyses, read 30 pages each day from a painfully boring book, prepare for my Chapel audition, and finish my geometry line-art project. And all of this had to be done while entertaining a guest. Can I just say that the Lord is so faithful? He is just so good. At 3 in the morning, when everyone had gone to bed, but I was still up doing homework, I found myself singing, "It is well with my soul." Although I was tired, I did not allow myself to stress out or miss out on any fun. I still attended my early Saturday morning Bible study and still went on all of the outings to Seattle with Krissa and Britt.

I learned this weekend that happiness is choice. I could have been in a sour mood all weekend, complaining about all of the homework I had. I could have missed out on the fun. Yes, maybe I was exhausted, but I chose to be positive at all moments. Even moments when the thread from my geometry project got tangled into a million-gajillion knots. I chose to wait upon the Lord, and he met me there in my moments of weakness.


Lindsay (October 14, 2009 at 9:36 AM)  

Cute! I love the pictures! And yes, that magician guy is totally a creeper.

Post a Comment


Followers