The Sound of the Alarm

This morning when my alarm went off, before I opened my eyes, I thought I was waking up in Panama. I imagined pulling my feet out of bed and placing them on the cold tile floor. I imagined walking to the bathroom as gross things stuck to my feet. I remembered waiting to hear the doorbell as I got ready to let my other team members in so that we could do our morning devotional. I remembered walking out on the patio to enjoy a bowl of fruity pebbles in the heavy morning humidity.

But when I opened my eyes this morning, I was not in Panama.

I still think about Panama every day. I still miss it. I still talk about it all the time. I still look at pictures almost everyday. I still often read the blogs I wrote while I was in Panama. I still miss it.

I'll be back there someday. And hopefully someday soon I'll be waking up to cold tile again.


Post a Comment


Followers