More pictures and more still to come!





Here is a picture of Christian, my 13 year old reader. Another is Sarah working in one of our reading rooms at the school. And the last is the cute dog that greets people at the school. More pictures to come of my other readers, but they are on Taylor's camera.

Kathlyn (August 5, 2009 at 3:38 PM)  

Hi jacs,

Well I think I got set up. I can't believe all that you are writing about your trip. I feel as though I am experiencing it with you. You are an amazing writer, like Lindsay. This trip sounds just like the mission trip you'd been praying for. I look forward to each blog. The progress you've already made with a couple of your students is amazing! I'm sorry about the pants thing...I guess you'll be ready for some new jeans when you get home. Is the school air conditioned? I'm in Portland until Saturday. I'll try to read each blog when I can; and fyi, my toe is doing much better.
I'm so proud of God's work that you are doing. I know angels are smiling from heaven. I love you lots,
mom

Jaclyn (August 5, 2009 at 8:14 PM)  

Hi mom! I'm so glad you got this set up! Much easier :) I like that you can experience this through my writing. I just write my thoughts about the day without thinking about what to say. It just comes I guess. And the school is not air conditioned because the classrooms are outside with just a roof, half walls, and bars. I'll post a picture of it that I took today. However, the rooms that WE are teaching in are air conditioned! I was actually cold today in the room! So God has definitely blessed us. Out of all the rooms on campus, we got the A/C. Woo! You're going to have so much fun in Portland with your girls! I can't wait to hear about it! Glad your toe is doing much better :) Thanks for your encouragement and prayers mama. Love you lots.

Post a Comment


Followers