Wednesdays in the Word

Times when I get to come home are so refreshing. It lets me wind down from the craziness of school and catch a breathe. One of the things that I love to do most when I am home is to play the piano when no one is around. I have played everyday since I've been home for at least 3 hours. Its a time set aside, with no distractions to really focus in on God and who He is. Don't you think He deserves our time? Every second of our day should be lived in accordance to Him, but I especially crave these moments with God where it is just me and Him. No distractions. No busyness. It is a time for replenishing. Replenishing means to fill or make complete again; to inspire or nourish. We need to nourish ourselves with God's word and place it in our hearts. 

One of my favorite verses, James 1:2-4, says, "Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. And let perseverance finish its work so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." As I have been playing the piano, a certain song has been penetrating my heart. Its called Arms Open Wide by Hillsong. I just love the lyrics to it.

Take my life, I lay it down>
At the cross where I am found>
All I have I give to you, oh God.
Take my hands and make them clean.
Keep my heart in purity.
That I may walk in all You have for me.
Here I stand arms open wide
I am Yours,
and You are mine.
Take my moments and my days.
Let each breathe that I take
Be ever only for You, oh God.
My whole life is Yours.
I give it all surrendered to Your name.
And forever I will say, "Have Your way,
Have Your way!" 

Post a Comment


Followers