Phew!

Well everyone.... I have great news! My toughest week of the semester has passed! Finals week for me has come and gone. Granted, I have a few things here and there to finish out the semester, but for the most part, I can rest.

AND IT FEELS GREAT!

I am not quite sure how I survived it all and with little amounts of coffee I might add. Let me tell you a little bit about how this past week went for me. It began on Monday with a little stresser that I need to attend every chapel except one from here on out to make sure that I pass. It then went into apartment drama for the summer. Last week, Liz my future roommate and I went apartment hunting for the upcoming school year, and God provided a miracle for us to live at an apartment complex resort for only $1200 a month. This price was unheard of for Kirkland from all of our findings earlier that morning. Not to mention, they added on one month's free rent and a discounted move-in fee. But the catch is, we had to get all of our paperwork in and processed by Sunday. 4 girls, and one with a mom living in California. :) Our situation turned out to be more complicated than we thought because we are all in school and in need of parent support. I'll keep it short, so just trust me when I say that it got complicated, stressful, and busy. Although I had all paperwork turned in, thanks to my amazing mother, the lady at the resort got a hold of my phone number to call me to get my roommates going on things. I soon found myself juggling just about everything with the apartment, standing as a mediator amongst all roommates. Approximating 10 somewhat lengthy phone calls a day, just for apartment issues was filling up my plate. At some points during the week, I felt like I was crawling from place to place.



Then, on top of that, I had my teaching final. The night before my biggest teaching final, I lost all of my documents for the assignment... the 8 page lesson plan, the SMART Board presentation/teaching slides, the worksheets, the game boards, the notes, and more. Right about the time I found out that I lost everything, I also was reminded that this final was going to be video taped and placed on my online web portfolio for teaching. The web portfolio acts as a resume that all school districts I apply for will view.

Add on a few more small stresses that aren't worth writing about, and it makes for a busy week. However, throughout this week, it was comforting to see the maturity that has grown in me since I first came to Northwest. I handled situations by grabbing hold of God's peace, comfort, and wisdom. Maybe sometimes God takes us through situations so that we can see where we are now, in comparison to where we once were. Being able to see my own growth amidst busy situations inspires me and encourages me. God is faithful always and he loves to see his childrens' faith grow.

Let's celebrate the closing of a school year!

Lindsay (April 16, 2010 at 10:21 AM)  

OH MY GOSH! BEST POST EVER! haha The pictures were beyond perfect... you know that top picture is my favorite :) I was laughing so hard. Glad you are always able to see the good in everything... even stressful weeks like this!! Love you sea-ster!

Margaret (April 16, 2010 at 7:08 PM)  

You're an encouragement:) I love reading your blog. Its always such a good reminder of how good God is. All the time! Congratulations on finishing out the school year! Way to go!

Post a Comment


Followers