Apartment after but still in progress...












The first picture is of my new bedset!! I spent a lot of money on decorations for this apartment, but everything was an investment. Everything I bought, I will be able to use in the future and not just for this apartment. So I bought the bedset knowing that someday I'll have a guest bedroom to fill. I'm very excited about my new bedset! Its so much more sophisticated than my other crazy one. Plus its nice to actually have sheets and a comforter to sleep on. Because up until last night I had nothing on my bed. I saw no point in putting on my old sheets and stuff when I knew that I was just going to have to take them all off when I got a new set. Funny thing is... I designed that whole bed off of the one neat pillow that you see with the trees and flowers on it. I saw the pillow, bought it, and THEN bought bedding to match it. Kinda worked the process backwards... but I think it turned out great! The second picture down is a shot of the kitchen. I didn't show much of the kitchen because its not completely done yet. The candles on the counter top and the wall art is almost all we have. The 2 green vases that Lindsay gave to are saving our kitchen! At least we got all the clutter out of the kitchen and a cute dish towel. Its a start. The third picture down is the dining room. The wall is still unfinished. We're going to have a roommate photo shoot and put all the pictures in sepia to fill in the frames. So right now it looks kind of gross... but again, its a start and a work in progress. The light wood in the apartment is really killing us. Ok! Then the next 3 pictures are of the entryway! Cute little key rack and a beautiful shelf and vase nicely decorated. I love the entryway so much. Its perfect for right when you walk in the door. Its breathable and peaceful. The 3rd of the pictures of the entry way is a beautiful painting of a zebra. It was an expensive piece but Krissa was completely willing to buy it. It looks great in the hallway. Its hard to see the detail and dimensions in the picture, but just trust that it looks great there. THEN, the next picture down, you've got the wall between the kitchen, hallway, and living room. It was an awkward wall, so we used those wall stickers as we did to a corresponding wall in the kitchen. We thought that it was going to look tacky, but it totally doesn't! It looks like those are painted on the wall. And we love them. Only $10 worth of wall stickers decorated 2 walls. Amazing. And the last 4 pictures are of the living room. This is my favorite room. It is SO homey. Oh I just love it. Take a look :) And most of the pieces are mine for my future home. SO excited. Well this is just a start to how the apartment is looking. I'll have more pictures up when we get a little more going on it. We still have some work to do in the kitchen and bathroom. So keep posted. I'll try to do better at keeping up with the posts. Enjoy the pictures!

Lindsay (September 9, 2009 at 6:36 AM)  

Wow Jacs! Great job with the decorating! I was totally expecting a typical college apartment but you did a great job making it look classy and very "pottery barn" :) I LOVE the new bedding and the way you decorated the living room...the pillows and that wall painting are perfect! Also, I love that big floor vase with the twigs coming out...I might steal that idea. Thanks for posting pictures! I am redecorating our living room (already haha) and I'm sure I'll have extra stuff so I'll send it your way if I do. Looks great! Love ya!

Post a Comment


Followers